This blog is for those of you who are into doing too much. You probably like to do all of your stuff at the same time too. No surprises that I'm doing that right now, I have just checked my email and the clock which prompted a phone call. Now that's sorted I promise myself I will stay fully present here with you, and with myself. Ah, the pull to do and do is a habit that doesn't really serve us in the long run. Multi tasking is a breeze for us girlies yet we often miss the power that comes from being fully present.
Recently I noticed anxiety happening hours into doing some planning. A wise friend dropped by and noticed I was attempting to organise way too many ideas all at once. I had been deep in multi task mode, making calls, shuffling paper, brainstorming and list making all at once. Her suggestion to diary all these things and work on only 1 at a time was gold wisdom to my frazzled self. Relief! She broke my spell of looking out rather than in.
Why do we do this to ourselves? Doing too much, the kind of too much that brings anxiety, overwhelm, exhaustion (ever had burn out?) headaches, high blood pressure, accidents and forgetfulness can be the result of wanting to be seen for what you accomplish rather than who you are.
This comes from a lack of belief in the truth that you are loveable and wonderful simply for being yourself. Sadly that isn't what most of us were taught. Praise often came for what we did, you would've heard 'good girl' before, right? These messages can be hard wired. They require our aware self to challenge them.
If you're a visionary type there can be a sense of needing to rush to catch up to that vision. This too needs mindfulness. One thing at a time done well will get you there in a more solid way than having your energy scattered.
Here's some points that may help you.
1. Stay connected to your body. Check in now and then. Breathe. Come within for a moment. How are you feeling? Anxiety, overwhelm and even frustration are signs that something is amiss. What needs to change for greater flow and ease?
2. Ground. It can be the most powerful technique to realign yourself. Step outside. Look at a tree, a flower, a bird. Breathe again. Feel the earth.
3. If there actually is a lot to do get out your diary and schedule. One thing at a time.
4. Remind yourself you don't need to prove anything, that's your inner child talking. Imagine bringing her in close and let her know you see her and you love her exactly as she is. If that is hard to do that's a place you need to do some more exploration.
Your job is to be true to yourself, to follow your inner knowing on what you need to do.
5. Delegate where you can. Simplify. It doesn't have to all be up to you.
6. Remember no rush, Divine timing is at play. Just follow your intuition. It's your path, no one else's, despite the lure of what everyone else is achieving.
7. Remember the truth you are perfect just as you. (Which includes all of the flaws of being human.)
We don't want accidents and health issues to be what slows us down to be present. (Or maybe we do? It's all good learning after all) Taking the time to come within and notice what is going on for us can give us a head start on self care.
The journey of returning home to your self is hidden within such things as doing too much.
Wishing you self awareness and ease of doing.
Photo by Matheus Frade
All 2020 Abundance Alignment Anger Astrology Authenticity Being Alone Being Present Being Triggered Best Life Blame Boundaries Chakras Challenges Change Choice Choices Christmas Commitment Covid 19 Days Of The Week Decisions Doing And Being Edward Bach Ego Emotions Empaths End Of Year Enquiry Extroverts Faith Fear Forgiveness Full Moon Good Girl Grief Grounding Halloween Healing Health Heart Connection Higher Self Highly Sensitives Inner Knowing Introverts Journal Questions Lightworkers Listening Lockdown Love Marriage Meditation Multitasking Mythical Creatures New Moon New Year Numerology Overthinking Overwhelm Past Life Regression Pegasus Problems Projections Quotes Rain Raising Your Vibration Relationships Rest Sadness Self Alignment Self Care Self Forgiveness Self-parenting Sex Stones And Crystals Tarot The Inner Child The Natural World The Solar Plexus Chakra The Unconscious Self Third Eye Time Travel Trauma Truth Spirit Love The Essential Guide To Healing Truth Spirit Love - The Essential Guide To Healing Unicorns Vulnerability Wisdom
Follow me on social media for spiritual and psychological info and inspiration.
To apply for training or healing sessions please email email@example.com
with information about any prior experience with healing, therapy or inner work.
(c) Dawn Grace Kelly 2021 All rights reserved