Knowing what we are feeling has the power to change our lives in wonderful ways. When we can stay present with an emotion by breathing into it a number of things can occur:
1. It has an opportunity to move. Emotion is energy that is too often trapped in our bodies because of our lack of experience in knowing and trusting that expressing emotion in a safe way is healing. When it is stuck in our body it creates density where life-force energy doesn’t flow. Over time this creates minor and major physical issues within our body. It can also bring about depression (an over-thinking dis-ease) blame, being addictive, judging others, self-harm and anxiety.
2. We may get images or impressions of a past event where that emotion originated. This shows us what we have not yet made peace with. I see this as precious information that allows us to know more about ourselves, as well as human nature. It can be an in road into a healing journey.
3. The emotion we are feeling may dissolve as it moves, allowing us to access a ‘hidden’ emotion – that which is underneath the surface feeling. For instance – I know that when I sit with my anger it can quickly shift as I access the more vulnerable feeling of sadness.
4. The emotion will often dissolve completely as we stay with it.
5. We connect with our authentic self.
It sounds simple to stay still and breathe into an emotion yet it’s not what the majority of people are doing. It’s much more common to stay with our thoughts rather than feel our feelings. Generally speaking, this is what we were taught to do. Our intellect was praised and our emotions were frowned upon. When I ask someone how they’re feeling I usually hear what they’re thinking – even with supposed self-aware people. I too can struggle to know what I’m feeling.
Even without taking the time to be present and breathe into our emotions we can be with simply knowing what we feel. This, in itself, can often settle us down into our body – away from our busy mind. From a place of knowing what we are feeling we can then make choices about how we care for ourselves. When we access our internal mother, we are practising self-love – a highly healing act.
Take the time to stop thinking so much and breathe into where you notice uncomfortable feelings – they are often your emotions wanting to be released. See if you cane name them. Be present and notice what happens.
Wishing you emotional intelligence.
Image by Sharon McCutcheon
All 2020 Abundance Alignment Anger Astrology Authenticity Being Alone Being Present Being Triggered Best Life Blame Boundaries Chakras Challenges Change Choice Choices Christmas Commitment Covid 19 Decisions Edward Bach Ego Emotions Empaths End Of Year Enquiry Extroverts Faith Fear Forgiveness Full Moon Good Girl Grief Grounding Halloween Healing Health Higher Self Highly Sensitives Inner Knowing Introverts Journal Questions Lightworkers Listening Lockdown Love Marriage Meditation Multitasking Mythical Creatures New Moon New Year Numerology Overthinking Overwhelm Past Life Regression Pegasus Problems Projections Quotes Rain Raising Your Vibration Relationships Rest Sadness Self Alignment Self Care Self Forgiveness Sex Stones And Crystals Tarot The Natural World The Solar Plexus Chakra The Unconscious Self Time Travel Trauma Truth Spirit Love The Essential Guide To Healing Truth Spirit Love - The Essential Guide To Healing Unicorns Vulnerability Wisdom
Past Life Regression
Spend 2 hours with me in person for a powerful journey into past lives.
You will be guided to explore and remember as well as understand the connection to your current life and it's karmic connections.
Most importantly we will clear the energy of that time so the same emotions and thought patterns are not adversely affecting you today.
This is a life changing experience.